[Ti] PowerBooks with Intel processors - not!

Chris Olson chris.olson at astcomm.net
Tue Dec 6 06:16:44 PST 2005

On Dec 5, 2005, at 2:08 PM, Robert Ameeti wrote:

> Ok then. Apple says it will ship Intel in the first half of 2006.
> ThinkSecret spreads a rumor that Apple will ship Intel in January.
> Then someone blogs that Apple can't do that. Thus, Apple has made a
> mistake? Or is it that we are supposed to believe that the zdnet
> blog knows what Apple is going to ship in June 2006 and thus Apple
> again has screwed up?

RTFA again.  The article addresses why there will (probably) not be
any Intel PowerBooks in January.  Intel, true to form, has fallen
behind schedule on release of the processors they promised Apple when
they suckered Apple into their marketing machine.  I've seen them do
this with several companies in the past and I'd be glad to provide
you a blow by blow financial analysis of what happened to those
(previously) successful companies after falling for Intel's marketing.

Of one thing I will guarantee, and it doesn't take an analyst or
blogger to realize it;
If OS X on Intel can't match the performance of Windows/Linux on the
same hardware, and has to live under a cloud of hindered performance
on Intel while Windows/Linux benchmarks better on AMD, it's all over
but the crying for the Mac.

But then, perhaps Apple needed a Mac exit strategy so they can move
on to being what they really want to be, and something they can
dominate - a digital media company.

--
Chris