[Ti] more speculation

Shawn King shawn at yourmaclife.com
Mon Dec 12 13:31:16 PST 2005

On 12/12/05 2:54 PM, "Loren" <luteslinger at gmail.com> wrote:

> Just like the 57 Chevy, the Titanium was not built long enough.
>
> http://blogs.zdnet.com/Apple/?p=57
>
> So, ipod has dropped superior firewire for the inferior but PC freindly
> USB2.

Please - can we quote someone more reputable than O'Grady? He hasn't been
right about anything since the 90's.

This guy is a supposed "industry insider" but says, "I was genuinely
surprised when Apple dropped FireWire sync from the iPod nano."  Well, he
shouldn't have been surprised. It was an obvious cost cutting move by Apple
and perfectly logical under the circumstances.

But to extrapolate that to "Apple is going to drop FireWire from
PowerBooks", is not only grasping at straws but *completely* ridiculous,
given Apple's investment in DV, HD, film editing, etc.
--
Shawn King
Host/Executive Producer