[Ti] more speculation

Mikael Byström mikael.bystrom at punkass.com
Tue Dec 13 19:32:32 PST 2005

Ross Winn said:

>The PC Card is dead. It has been for a while. If you want to buy a
>substandard tool and get a crappy user experience, go ahead. I will
>continue to buy macs. SImilar arguments were made about the trackball,
>and a lot of other technologies.

You have no basis for what you're saying. What's substandard? That Apple
don't want to talk about it? Hummm.
 I can't think of anything more useful than my PCMCIA slot. I have my
24bit/96khz sound card in there as well as my airport card (Orinico,
three times the reach of Apples).

I also plan some kind of TV-Tuner card and a FireWire expander for the
occasions when I need multiple firewire slots. I can get USB-2 too on my
old machine (same card as FW).

>I just think it is incredibly disingenuous for a mac user to resist
>change. We changed to the PowerPC, we changed to OS X, we change all
>the time.
>
>Embrace it.
We have, but substandard replacements when there are too few cool third
party products supporting USB-2 is just plain stupid. It has nothing to
do with embracing anything.
And why are you on the titanium list if you "embraced change"? Surely you
must have realized by know you should own a alu' book? Can't let go?

>Why does everyone insist that they know better than the people who
>talk to a lot more customers than we do.
Because we meet Apple users every day? Because we advice companies and
organisations that buy many macs? Because Apple obviously need a kick in
the butt now and then.