[Ti] more speculation

Steve Wozniak steve at woz.org
Tue Dec 13 20:29:16 PST 2005

At 4:32 AM +0100 2005.12.14, Mikael Byström wrote:

>You have no basis for what you're saying. What's substandard? That Apple
>don't want to talk about it? Hummm.
> I can't think of anything more useful than my PCMCIA slot. I have my
>24bit/96khz sound card in there as well as my airport card (Orinico,
>three times the reach of Apples).
>
>I also plan some kind of TV-Tuner card and a FireWire expander for the
>occasions when I need multiple firewire slots. I can get USB-2 too on my
>old machine (same card as FW).

I use my camera media adapter - it seems so much more natural to take the card from my camera to the computer than to connect a dock and cable.

I have a Verizon card - gets 300Kb internet connection in most major cities and 1.5 Mb in a couple of places so far. The driver has been built into OS X since 10.2.8. This card works in hotels, airports, restaurants and even in my car when we are travelling. Verizon was so slow to have bluetooth phones that I don't even know if any of them would have this ability but they'd still be larger to carry and not as natural. I don't want a cable to my phone either.
--

-- tv is wake zone