[Ti] Re: MPEG, was "Re: Dual Layer cable for Powerbook G4 400"

Chris Olson chris.olson at astcomm.net
Wed Dec 14 17:03:53 PST 2005

On Dec 14, 2005, at 3:52 PM, Kynan Shook wrote:

> I'd bet that the video card in your DVR contains MPEG-2 decoding,
> and that the PowerPC 750 is at 90% just from all the overhead of
> moving the data around and such.

The PowerPC750 is *on* the graphics processor, and is what powers
it.  It says DVP (Digital Video Processor) on the tag of the GPU, and
is a serviceable (replaceable) unit on a separate daughter card.  The
cable networking processor is a separate PowerPC e500 embedded unit
soldered to the motherboard, and is not replaceable.

The box is manufactured by Motorola (DCT6412).
--
Chris