[Ti] Virtual PC question

Seymour Wolfson wolfson at wayne.edu
Sun Dec 18 09:59:46 PST 2005

>My ti/500 died last week, and my boss has agreed to purchase me a new
>1.67/G4 Powerbook to replace it.  I had kind of hoped that it would hold
>out till Apple had released the intel based Powerbooks, so that I could
>dual boot between Solaris x86 and Mac OS X, but that didn't happen.
>
>As I am going to get a new system with a PowerPC chip, I believe that
>Virtual PC is my "Plan B" to have a laptop that I can share between Mac
>OS X and Solaris 10 x86.
>
>My question is, is there anyone already doing this that can provide any
>hints or helpful tips?  I already own an old copy of Virtual PC 6.x that
>I never really used.  Should I try to use this, or will I be better off
>with the new Virtual PC 7.x from micro$oft???
>
>TIA for any tips or pointers,
>
>Jerry K

I have VPC on my G4 Powerbook (1GB ram).  For me, v6 worked really well and
would boot up both Windows 2000 and XP faster than you could on a regular
PC.  Then I made the mistake of upgrading to Microsoft's version 7 and it all
went downhill.  I think it is now a disaster.  It takes forever to start up and
anything I do is really slow.  I feel it is typical of MIcrosoft.  Anything they touch
seems to go downhill.
Seymour