[Ti] Virtual PC question

Chris Olson chris.olson at astcomm.net
Sun Dec 18 10:02:20 PST 2005

On Dec 18, 2005, at 11:47 AM, Jerry K wrote:

> My question is, is there anyone already doing this that can provide
> any hints or helpful tips?  I already own an old copy of Virtual PC
> 6.x that I never really used.  Should I try to use this, or will I
> be better off with the new Virtual PC 7.x from micro$oft???

Solaris 10 runs in VirtualPC6, but you'll have a hey of a time
getting the X-server configured.  I'm running it in VPC6 with the
Xorg server.

Solaris will NOT run in VirtualPC7.  The kernel doesn't recognize the
VPC7 cpu, and it won't even boot.  Neither will BeOS, which also runs
fine on VPC6.
--
Chris