[Ti] Virtual PC question

Dr Trevor J. Hutley TrevorHutley at consultant.com
Mon Dec 19 07:35:40 PST 2005

On 18 Dec 2005, at 20:59, Seymour Wolfson wrote:

> I have VPC on my G4 Powerbook (1GB ram).  For me, v6 worked really
> well and
> would boot up both Windows 2000 and XP faster than you could on a
> regular
> PC.  Then I made the mistake of upgrading to Microsoft's version 7
> and it all
> went downhill.  I think it is now a disaster.

I have been using VPC since it came out.  When I moved from VPC6 to
7, I had quite a few problems, mostly of instability, not speed. I
have now (twice) completely reinstalled XP Pro in VPC7 and it is
working OK now.  Start up time is definitely slower than it was for
VPC6 (which was about 9 seconds) but is acceptable.
Fortunately, I rarely use it much.
I get the impression that with Microsoft it has not progressed.

Trevor