Way OT: Bill the Gates (was [Ti] Re: virtual pc)

William Scammell bill at wscd.biz
Thu Dec 22 07:46:05 PST 2005

On Dec 22, 2005, at 8:20 AM, CYNTHIA MOORE wrote:

> [snip] I'm just thankful every day that I have a
> Mac. Ole Bill is improving his reputation by his good
> deeds and giving away his money. Hurray for Bill, but
> he didn't start doing this until Ted Turner berated
> him for not being a philanthropist.
>
> Cindy Moore
> TECHNICALillustrator.net

cindy, et al:

when you consider just how stupidly rich he is, the Bill & Melinda
Gates Foundation is an insult to the concept of philanthropy.

*if* i read the condensed financials correctly just now, the
Foundation is worth 2.8bln after ~8 years.

he probably makes that in interest alone *each* year.

whateverrr.

William Scammell
Creative Director

bill @ wscd.biz