[Ti] Latch Fix? Loose Key?

John McGibney ensignjd at optonline.net
Wed Feb 2 09:47:44 PST 2005

> Hi:
>
> I won't go into all the Erase/Install stuff I just went through because it
> was a good learning experience.  I have a used 1ghz 15" TiBook I bought on
> ebay.  Outside of nicks and scratches and a few minor dings, my only real
> issues right now are the latch--which doesn't-- and a loose "R" key.  The
> key is not completely detached, but kind of gets misaligned every so often
> and I have to snap it back it place with a good thwop from my finger.
>
> Any thoughts on how to fix either of these issues.  I'm not up for replacing
> the whole keyboard, but I'd consider replacing the latch if it is possible.
>
> Thanks,
> Suzanne

> Suzanne Hackett-Morgan
> Fundraiser X
> "Serving the Arts, Education and Museum communities since 1994"
>
> http://home.earthlink.net/~fundraiserx

Latch is a $90 part. On eBay it goes for about $50. Essentially all you have
to do is remove the 8 or so screws on the bottom case and take the bottom
off. Remove the spring/retainer and pop the piece out. Pop the new one in
and replace the clip.

Small dog electronics had some used clips for $40-50 a while ago the may
have one to sell you. Either way their tech support is quite helpful, even
if you're not yet a customer. <www.smalldog.com>

John

--
 One OS to rule them all, One OS to find them.
 One OS to bring them all and in anti-competitive practices bind them.