[Ti] Flickering

Petri Luukkonen petri.luukkonen at kotiportti.fi
Wed Feb 2 10:25:26 PST 2005

2.2.2005 kello 02:50, John kirjoitti:

  Usually, I would say this is a hardware problem, like the interconnect
between the motherboard and the display. However, I am starting to
notice brief flickers of the display also, but oddly, it only happens
when the CPU is busy doing something or the disk is seeking. I can't
get it to flicker by mechanical tapping or slight twisting.

> With Photoshop 7 in OS X, when I rotated a layer, my screen would
> occasionally static out - horizontal lines would flicker across the
> screen. This hasn't happened since I upgraded to CS.

Thanks for your comments!

Yes, I do agree to your opinions about possible "bus flood" in
conjunction with hardwear malfunction.
If I have good luck of determining any graphics cord loosening etc.
during following weekend, I will post those findings into this helpful
list.

Happily I grew up taking things apart..and sometimes putting all back
to square w/success, I'm prominent enough to take this dear thing apart
too :) And happily again, there is plenty of documents available
regarding display, logic board and its connectors/peripherals.

Regards,
Pete