[Ti] Bad access

Petri Luukkonen petri.luukkonen at kotiportti.fi
Thu Feb 3 13:13:18 PST 2005

3.2.2005 kello 20:32, Terence Cozad kirjoitti:

  Pete;
> Hard to say but if it happens on two different computers it is likely
> software and not hardware.
>
> First, I would suggest going to the Home/Applications/Utilities folder
> and running Disk Utility. Highlight your hard drive name on the left
> and clicking on Repair Permissions. If it shows repairs to Camino then
> that was probably the fix. Restart the computer for good measure.
>
> If that does not fix it trash Camino and download a new one. you could
> also run TechTool Pro or Disk Warrior to check for directory damage of
> the hard drive (probably not the problem but a good thing to do also).
>
> Terry

Thanks Terry,
sorry, I didn't write about the dozen or so other insidents happened
with word, graphic conv., adobe family etc. In G5 I've done permissions
for whole drive, apps still hitting pavement.
So, that excludes just redoing camino.
I'm in hope of finding cure for similar symptoms fixed case. Well,
office beauty is going for shopping tomorrow and I am getting 2 GHz G5
as replacement : ) for a time at the geniusbar. Should do the same for
this Ti, but they don't make these any more ; ) Only in Al's, though.

Regards,
Pete