[Ti] My Mac is going slower

Terence Cozad tcozad at covad.net
Sat Feb 5 08:28:45 PST 2005

If reinstalling from the combo updater does not help consider doing an
archive and install or it it has been a long time since you formatted the
drive, zero out the drive and reinstall everything from scratch. It is
possible you have some preferences that have become corrupted or corruption
in the operating system itself.
To check for corrupt preferences, and lots of other things, download Onyx
and under Unix utilities run the plutil command for both users and system
and it will let you know if any preferences are corrupt.
You can run this from terminal also but Onyx does so much more I thought I
would mention it.
Terry

On 2/4/05 6:26 PM, "ms" <mswanson9988 at comcast.net> wrote:

> I have over 50% open on my drive and I haven't installed any fonts.
> But thanks for the advise. MS
>

> On Feb 4, 2005, at 7:20 PM, Kim Gammelgård wrote:
>
>> How much space is left on your harddrive? if it is less than 5-10 GB
>> that is surely a reason. Another thing can be number of fonts you have
>> installed.
>>
>> Just two ideas,
>>
>> Kim
>>

>> Den 4. feb 2005, kl. 15.34, skrev ms:
>>
>>> My Quicksilver, 933 mz, 768 Ram and OS 10.3.7 has become maddenly
>>> slow.  Boot up to desktop takes minutes and fetching mail through my
>>> cable modem is agonizing.  Everything seems to be slower since
>>> 10.3.7, even launching applications.
>>>
>>> I've run fsck, disk repair, cocktail and disk warrior and found
>>> nothing errant.  I've reset the cable modem and air port extreme.
>>> Nothing seems to help  Any suggestions?

Ride the wave of the future!
Set your future for you and your family!

Ask me for details on how to make a significant and permanent income, part
time. Quixtar is now the fifth busiest site on the Internet and making a
profit!

<http://www.gboalliance.com/>
<http://www.quixtar.com>

Terence Cozad, Psy.D.