[Ti] Re: Titanium Digest, Vol 6, Issue 11

Robin Jackson robinjackson at mac.com
Sun Feb 6 11:59:29 PST 2005

I am running primarily Outlook and IE on some Mac unfriendly internal web
applications.

Also shortly to be used with Siebel 7.5 again a Mac unfriendly web
application.

VPC works but is painfully slow.

I was kinda hoping the 1.67Ghz which is double the clock rate of my current
800Mhz machine, plus a 5300rpm instead of 4200rpm drive and lastly more
memory would give me some improvement.

Even a 50% improvement at this point for me is worth the investment,
especially with some of the goodies like built in Bluetooth, fast Airport (I
have an Airport Express as a hub), backlit keyboard etc all round out and
add to the incentive to upgrade.

But bottom line I do need to see a performance increase or I am wasting
money.

Oh sorry and lastly I am running XP Pro as it is the company standard.

Regards.

Robin