[Ti] Need help with my PowerBook's Case.

lushbudget lushbudget at gmail.com
Mon Feb 7 12:06:04 PST 2005

There is a whole lotta talk about Aluminum 'books here on the TiBook
listserve - Anyway, I gotta question - I have an 867Mhz TiBook (1Gb
RAM, Airport, Combo Drive (stock), 40Gb (stock) HD) that was dropped
about 4 months ago.  I had a service warranty with CompUSA, so I took
it in and they replaced many parts, including the entire screen and
hinges, the video inverter, the power supply, the optical drive
(combo) and the top case/palmrest and trackpad.  It was a big repair.
Here is my problem:  the section of palmrest over the bottom
right-hand corner (over the slot-loader) is not firmly braced and
depresses into my 'book when I rest the weight of my hand on it.  I
have looked through the service manuals and don't see that there are
any missing parts, but something must be wrong, because the rest of my
'book is tight.  Any ideas?  My concern is that the longer the slot
bears the weight of my wrist - instead of the palmrest doing the job -
the more likely it is to crack and split and that would suck.
Any help would be much appreciated, because - unlike a lot of folks
posting here - I need to make this PowerBook last me at least another
year before I can afford to replace it.  My warranty runs out in Nov
of '05 - it is covered (except cosmetics) until then, and I think that
this is probably covered since it is most likely an internal part.
Does anyone know what that part is?  Or do I just have something
misaligned or not properly installed?
Thanks again for any help that you may have to offer.

Jason
lushbudget productions ltd.

My Studio Gear includes: PowerBook Titanium G4 (867Mhz - 1Gb RAM),
PowerMac G5 (Dual 2Ghz, 2Gb RAM, 160Gb & 250Gb HD), iBook G3 (900Mhz,
512Mb RAM), iMac DV Graphite (500Mhz - 512Mb RAM), Lacie Big Disk
FW800 (500Gb), Airport Extreme Base Station, Digidesign 002 Console
and ProTools LE on all systems, MBox on 'Books.