[Ti] Need help with my PowerBook's Case.

Dennis Fazio dfz at mac.com
Mon Feb 7 12:27:47 PST 2005

--On February 7, 2005 03:06:04 PM -0500 lushbudget <lushbudget at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Here is my problem:  the section of palmrest over the bottom
> right-hand corner (over the slot-loader) is not firmly braced and
> depresses into my 'book when I rest the weight of my hand on it.  I

I had a similar problem on a Titanium PowerBook. There are no missing parts.
The top cover has just become separated from the outer frame. I think they
mentioned it was glued together. It wasn't serious enough for me to send it
in by itself and being without the laptop, but I did include it on a service
call for another warranty problem and they replaced the top cover. All better
now.

I believe warranty repair should cover this, since it is structural failure,
not cosmetic. Natural pressure from your palm can cause problems with the
CD/DVD.

--
Dennis Fazio
dfz at mac.com