[Ti] Target Mode

Chris Olson chris.olson at astcomm.net
Mon Feb 7 19:03:21 PST 2005

On Feb 7, 2005, at 6:56 PM, David DelMonte wrote:

> Answer. No. it works as if the PB lid is open. This is amazing to me.
> The PB doesn't sleep. It's drives are still available to me on my
> desktop machine.

Yes, but I believe the display is still lit, right?  I think if you
read the older manuals it recommends to not run the computer with the
display shut in FireWire Target Disk mode, as it may overheat.  They've
left this tidbit out of the newer manuals.  For whatever reason, the
cpu runs at 100% load in FireWire Target Disk Mode, and the computer
will get extremely hot after extended use as a Target machine.  I
believe, without checking, that they recommend having the power brick
plugged in in FireWire Target Disk Mode because of the elevated power
requirements.  Keep that in mind when using this feature.

I don't think I'd recommend running the machine with the display shut
if you're using it as a Target host.
--
Chris