[Ti] Target Mode

David DelMonte ddelmonte at mac.com
Mon Feb 7 16:56:54 PST 2005

I have the answer to my original question.

I was  asking if it's possible to use my power book in target mode with
the lid closed.  What this means is:

1. Turn everything off.

2. Connect my powerbook to my desktop computer with a firewire cable
(FW800 is great here!),

3. Start the powerbook pressing the "T" key  and you'll see a firewire
symbol on the screen.

4. Start the desktop computer - or other computer.

5. You'll see the powerbook drive (s) show up on the main computer.

Now my question. I wanted to know what would happen if I shut the lid
on the powerbook. Would it blow up both computers.

Answer. No. it works as if the PB lid is open. This is amazing to me.
The PB doesn't sleep. It's drives are still available to me on my
desktop machine.

Brilliant.

David