[Ti] it could happen to you

Dr. Trevor J. Hutley hutley at geneva-link.ch
Fri Feb 11 06:53:24 PST 2005

Be careful of the Number Lock key.

It can be accidentally pressed, and be ON without you knowing it.

It is unfortunate that the NumLock key does not have a transparent
spot (like the shift lock key does) that shows clearly if it is ON.

(If it is ON and you do not know it,) you will have what seems to be
strange keyboard behaviour, which you cannot fix or resolve by
restarting, you cannot re-install the latest Combo update as the
keystrokes for the administrator password do not work, CMS-S (single
user startup) does not work, etc etc.

I have literally wasted HOURS looking for a solution to this sudden
and weird behaviour, and then by chance I glanced at my Al-book from
a different angle and saw the NumLock green light was on.....

Since it could happen to anyone, I just wanted to alert the List.

regards,  Trevor