[Ti] Super-G Turbo with Airport Extreme...

John Griffin jwegriffin at mac.com
Sun Feb 13 14:05:09 PST 2005

OK, it can¹t be done. You apparently need an Atheron based PC card to run
Super-G with or without the Turbo setting. Airport Extreme is not Atheron
based and therefore is not compatible with Super-G Turbo settings in some of
the most recent wireless routers.

However, I found the drivers on the Orange Micro Web site that will allow
Mac Users to use the Atheron cards with 802.11a/b/g/ compatibility with
Super-G Turbo settings turned on. Reported transfer speeds are supposed to
be well over 100Mpbs.

Now my question: Has anyone actually tried this combination? (Mac with
compatible Atheron based PC card using the Orange Micro drivers and a
Super-G compatible wireless router?)

jg