[Ti] Airport Extreme Base Station - unable to communicate

Dr. Trevor J. Hutley hutley at geneva-link.ch
Mon Feb 14 05:09:50 PST 2005

Maybe the problem I am having in printing from the HP LaserJet via my
Airport extreme

[detailed in the " [Ti] (wireless) network printing problem " thread]
is to do with the Airport?

If I run the Airport Admin Utility, I cannot 'see' the Airport.  No
matter how many times I rescan.

If I run AirPort Setup Assistant, it says that it has found my Airport Extreme.
If I take the option to change the configurations, I get the message
that it is unable to communicate with this Base Station/read the
configuration.

So it can see it, but not talk to it?

Yet the ID of the Airport is given (00:0A:95:F6:FB:05).
How does it get that if it cannot communicate.

I get the impression that the configuration is "locked" and so inaccessible.
Could this be an explanation as to why I cannot print ?

By the way, I have pulled the plug on the Airport several times, to reboot.
I think there is a reboot button  somewhere that I may have to hit, next.....

Trevor