[Ti] Password protect USB flashdrive?

Dr. Trevor J. Hutley hutley at geneva-link.ch
Fri Feb 18 09:33:39 PST 2005

At 18:53 -0800 17/2/05, <maf291 at nyu.edu> wrote:
>i just got one of those USB pocket drives...
>
>does anyone know of a piece of software out there
>that can protect my data? encrypt, or at least password protect? Just in
>case I lose my keys... and ideally crossplatform,

The Thumbdrive included biometric protection of the drive.

The crossplatform protection need is quite a problem I think.
As others have said, there are ways to encrypt the data but not
protect the drive.

Even USING the flash-drive crossplatform is not trivial.

I have to have my LG256 flash drive formatted in FAT32, to be able to
use it on a PC or on my Mac.  But this file format causes some
problems with copying and saving some files.  For me it is quite
inconvenient.  At least half the time, I have problems copying some
of the files and that affects the whole copying process on my Mac.
The copying in OS X is not too smart, I find.  Like, it could copy
everything except the problem files, but it does not have that
algorithm.

regards,  Trevor