[Ti] Blown power supply

John Lyon jelyon at mac.com
Sat Feb 19 18:58:56 PST 2005

While checking the specs printed on the power supply for my TiBook 550,
there was the crack of a short circuit, a flash, and the sweet sweet smell
of ozone.

The result is available as a closeup picture at: <http://tinyurl.com/4cmaj>

I'm curious if anyone else has heard of or seen or experienced something
similar. And, if so, what Apple might do about it, and what the proper
course of action would be.

(Hint: It's not going to be a visit to the Genius bar of your local Apple
store.)

I'm not really cross, or disgruntled, but I just want to make sure I've
exhausted my options. Once I know what those are.

Thanks a bunch, in advance
--
John