[Ti] OT: Apple Canada shipping

Murray Kastner murrayka at mac.com
Thu Feb 24 09:17:17 PST 2005

Apple Canada can be high-handed and pisses off most of its customers at
one time or another. We just have no choice, unfortunately. But as a
born-and-bred Montrealer, I wonder why you would subject yourself to a
"frozen wasteland" if you have other options more amenable? Some of us
do measure our lifestyles by other than commercial access, you might be
surprised to learn. Surely our frozen wasteland must have some
redeeming value?

For your -- and others blighted by our shortfalls comercially --
information, you might want to check out vendors in the USA that offer
the services of Border-free, through which you are given a net cost
all-inclusive to your door for a wide range of product. They do the
exchnage, pay duties, if any, and all other costs; I use eCost and it
works very well.

Insofar as other measures of lifestyle, I can only repeat an oft-heard
American slogan, "Love it or leave it!" Or, start making yourself a
list of why you are here. I wouldn't trade my beloved Montreal for
anywhere in the United States. There is far more to one's quality of
life than ease-of-ordering. And Apple Canada ain't gonna get any better
overnight, but some of us feel the negatives of living here to be well
worth the annoyances.

Cheers!

Murray