[Ti] OT: Apple Canada shipping

Jim Freeman jpfreeman at mac.com
Thu Feb 24 06:36:53 PST 2005

M9725LL/A, IPOD SHUFFLE 1G-USA
       will now ship on or before / sera expédié au plus tard
       le 03/31/2005

I'm really frustrated. I ordered my iPod Shuffle on Jan 17 and now I
get a notice telling me I have to wait another six weeks.

But what really gets me is that when I ordered my shuffle I decided to
add on a couple of other little items I needed: an airport express base
station and a video cable for my G4 PowerBook. Apple's web site shows
these items were shipped separately on Jan 17 and I still haven't got
them. Today I called Apple Canada and they said "Same Day" had made two
delivery attempts, Jan 31 and Feb 4. I got no sticker on my door,
nothing.

I used to live in San Francisco. I ordered everything on-line, got the
best price, paid no tax, no shipping and could count on most things
turning up in two days or at least having the ability to track them in
real time. Now I live in a frozen waste land called Montreal where you
can forget e-commerce. I could have walked down to my local computer
store to buy those items. I would have had them long ago. Now six weeks
later I'm still hoping that some company called "Same day right away"
will manage to find my house.

Jim