[Ti] iPod Issue On my PB

John Griffin jwegriffin at mac.com
Sat Feb 26 12:03:02 PST 2005

It might be time that you used the iPod Updater to ³Restore² your iPod. When
you do this, it will erase everything in it: songs, photos, calendar, etc.
as well as the system. Then it will write a fresh system to your iPod. You
will then need to let iTunes write everything back to your iPod (time
intensive for sure).

The good news is that when you do this, generally your iPod behaves much
better and your battery usually lasts longer between charges.

By the way, Micromat has a utility called Podlock that backs up all the
stuff in your iPod to your hard drive making the restoration much quicker
and easier. It will also check the volume directory and repair it if
necessary. And it will Optimize your files for you. Finally it will also let
you create a encrypted partition on your iPod on which you can write
sensitive data.

jg

Sam Moussly typed this message on 2/26/05 1:18 PM: