[Ti] cracked edge

Dr. Trevor J. Hutley hutley at geneva-link.ch
Mon Feb 28 06:57:23 PST 2005

At 09:57 -0500 23/2/05, Mark Wasiuta wrote:
>a faulty clasp on my computer bag. my ti dropped 2 feet. even with a foam
>sleeve protecting it, the plastic edging around the bottom case has cracked.

Mark - I had the same thing happen to me.

	You must have a Ti-book, based on what you report as the effect.

Later, in Dubai Airport, when I got my Al-book out to use, I saw that
the corner had been dented, and the aluminium above the DVI socket
was sticking out about 5 mm.  I managed to bend it back in to
position.  It does not look perfect, but the DVI socket - which I use
all the time for giving my lectures with an LCD projector - is
working fine.   I shall just live with my dent and slightly wavy
frame around the DVI socket.  It is a reminder to always double-check
the carrying strap clasp.  It could have been much worse.  This
minimal damage, considering the energy abssorbed, shows that the
Al-book is quite rugged and robust.

Rather like my (1997 vintage) 3400c, which in those days I dropped
several times, once from about 1 metre on to concrete, and once from
an overhead bin on a plane, with no effect....

Trevor