[Ti] video out cable

Dr. Trevor J. Hutley hutley at geneva-link.ch
Mon Feb 28 07:54:45 PST 2005

At 17:48 -0800 23/2/05, T Molnar wrote:
>I have to help people at a conference make sure they can connect
>their ibooks or powerbooks to the VGA cords of the digital
>projectors they will use.

	Having been at a conference in Florence where my Ti-book did
not work with the LCD
	projector they had ... and the technicans either only spoke
Italian or were at lunch ......
	I can certify that your role is a very key one.

My previous Ti-500 had a VGA output, my Al-book has - like the later
Ti-books - a DVI output.

Many LCD projectors have VGA input, the latest ones DVI.

My Al-book came with a DVI to VGA adaptor which I use every week to
give my lectures from my laptop.

(One) such an adaptor is essential.

Some other points: sometimes, just connecting the open Powerbook to
the projector works immediately.
Sometimes the projector says "perfecting the image" and you have to
wait a minute.
Sometimes nothing happens.
In the last case: I first shut the lid of my powerbook, and then open
it.  This often does the trick.
Sometimes I press F7 and that fixes it.  Sometimes I turn the
projector off and on and that does it.  I have never had to turn the
powerbook off.

Another option: get the presentations sent to you by email or ftp,
put them on your Powerbook, and your life is easy, no worries.

Please let us know your experiences....

regards,  Trevor