[Ti] video out cable

T Molnar tam at em.ca
Mon Feb 28 09:15:32 PST 2005

Thank you for the further information Trevor and everyone else.
Things went well.

I ended up fixing/setting up PC's mostly  :-)

Everyone at the conference (small one 300 people) were glad to
have someone on site to help out.
*some very nice free food and beverages too boot :-)
Only got 1 person who flew in with a "prepared" pc laptop (ready to go)
which they had no idea on how to setup, and
their anxiety level went down significantly upon the site of my cohort
and myself.

Again thanks for the help people,
regards,
tim

On 28-Feb-05, at 7:54 AM, Dr. Trevor J. Hutley wrote:

> At 17:48 -0800 23/2/05, T Molnar wrote:
>> I have to help people at a conference make sure they can connect
>> their ibooks or powerbooks to the VGA cords of the digital projectors
>> they will use.
>>

> 	Having been at a conference in Florence where my Ti-book did not work
> with the LCD
> 	projector they had ... and the technicans either only spoke Italian
> or were at lunch ......
> 	I can certify that your role is a very key one.
>
> My previous Ti-500 had a VGA output, my Al-book has - like the later
> Ti-books - a DVI output.
>
> Many LCD projectors have VGA input, the latest ones DVI.
>
> My Al-book came with a DVI to VGA adaptor which I use every week to
> give my lectures from my laptop.
>
> (One) such an adaptor is essential.
>
> Some other points: sometimes, just connecting the open Powerbook to
> the projector works immediately.
> Sometimes the projector says "perfecting the image" and you have to
> wait a minute.
> Sometimes nothing happens.
> In the last case: I first shut the lid of my powerbook, and then open
> it.  This often does the trick.
> Sometimes I press F7 and that fixes it.  Sometimes I turn the
> projector off and on and that does it.  I have never had to turn the
> powerbook off.
>
> Another option: get the presentations sent to you by email or ftp, put
> them on your Powerbook, and your life is easy, no worries.
>
> Please let us know your experiences....
>
> regards,  Trevor

tim.molnar
http://www.digitaltao.ca