[Ti] [OT] Can no longer open .rtfd files!

John Griffin jwegriffin at mac.com
Fri Jan 7 10:28:36 PST 2005

I am not sure this can be discussed here, but there seem to be more savvy
folks here then anywhere else.

It used to be .rtfd files could be opened (in TextEdit) with a double click.
Now I find that all .rtfd files appear as folders and when double clicked
they just open a Finder window with the listed contents of that file. I can
open it by physically dragging the folder and dropping it on TextEdit, but
this seems to be the only way to do so.

This is a real pain now, because many help files in the contents of
Applications are in the .rtfd format. When I select such a Help file under
the Help menu, it opens in a file listing in a Finder window.

Is this just happening to me, or are others finding it as well?

jg