[Ti] super duper / install

T Molnar tam at em.ca
Mon Jan 10 12:11:21 PST 2005

Hi everyone,
Just wondering if anyone can comment with more insight than I have on
the following.

I have 3 volumes on my tibook Harddrive and want to "redo" the system
so there is one continuous volume (i.e. more continuous space).
I used Super Duper to copy my main volume to my backup firewire drive.
The fw drive boots and is fine.

So.....I am wondering if there will be any difference in system
performance in any respect if I :

1. Reinitialize the tibook Hd and reinstall panther...working it up to
10.3.7. installing my programs in a pristine system.
(pro's nice new clean system etc..   con - takes a lot of my time and
sorting and moving many files of many types)

or

2.  Reinitialize my tibook Hd and use Super Duper (after fixing
permissions etc) to copy my FW Hdrive back up to the tibook drive.
(pro - quick, easy..... con - (?)

Other suggestions?

thanks
tm