[Ti] Some one Hacked me!

Lisbeth Zachs zachs at swedenmail.com
Mon Jan 10 12:14:25 PST 2005

2005-01-10 kl. 17.32 skrev Ray M:
> Track some hackers infiltration on my OSX 10.3.7?
---------
I doubt tracking is possible, but you should improve your protection by
having the firewall in the system activated. See Filesharing in your
System preferences.

> Some files have been stolen from my system and some open conversations
> (email) tracked!
-------
As somebody else said: Could you describe why you think this?

There is (has been) a Word macro(?)-virus that could take frases and
dokuments and _copy_ the content and send it as email to people in your
addressbook. I have only seen this in PC, but if it is a Macrovirus
then it could teoretically be a possibility in Mac too. So if people in
your addressbook have alerted you of receiving odd files from you, that
  could be it, but I have never heard that the file in question will be
_deleted_ only copied.

Another possibility is that you actually have got virus in your Mac. If
you then are using Virex, the DotMac supplied antivirusprogram, and
have choosen the alternative that Virex should delete files it can't
repair, then you will have deleted files. :-(

> One other question, in the activity monitor the kernel task Kextd is
> running
> at full capacity taking 60% of my cpu, how to fix that?
Sounds like you are using or have been using Norton Antivirus (or
DiskDoctor) in OS X. You will have to try and uninstall and clean your
system from all Norton and Symantec files.

Maybe there is more program using Kextd, but I recognize it as a
problem some of my customers have had with Norton.

Lisbeth in Gothenburg
<http://homepage.mac.com/holisticum/> updat 041111
<http://www.got-a-mac.org> medlemssida för Got-a-Mac (Mug in Gothenburg)