[Ti] Some one Hacked me!

Lisbeth Zachs zachs at swedenmail.com
Wed Jan 12 00:19:32 PST 2005

2005-01-10 kl. 22.40 skrev Ray M:
> My firewalls are running, except for file sharing since I use 2 macs
> simultaneously,
> The files are still with me in the same folder, but apparently they
> have
> been copied by some one who hacked into the system, I am not on a
> network
---------
We may all feel that things aren't likely to happen with our Macs, but
if Ray says his photos has appeared outside his Mac without him sending
them there somebody or something has copied the files and some of his
conversation and sent it to someone in his addressbook.

This description fits perfectly with the Virus common in PC and with
Microsoft  and MSN involved. So my suggestion that this virus may be a
Macrovirus of the kind that can sneak in to a Mac too seems possible.
I agree with the others however that I don't believe anybody would have
any interest in hacking your computer and just copy some conversation
and photos.

Ray can you have your Macs checked for virus? Then if you need to have
the filesharing between your Macs, so you cant have system firewalls
on, a physical router/hardware firewall might be an alternative, though
I definitely feel that is overkill when you only connect occasionally
to Internet by a modem.

Lisbeth in Gothenburg
<http://homepage.mac.com/holisticum/> updat 041111
<http://www.got-a-mac.org> medlemssida för Got-a-Mac (Mug in Gothenburg)