[Ti] Battery/Power problem

Dennis Fazio dfz at mac.com
Sun Jan 16 21:25:22 PST 2005

--On January 16, 2005 09:28:21 PM -0500 Chris Reinhart
<creinhart at creativebubble.com> wrote:

[...]
> When the powerbook is plugged in the light on the end of the power cord
> will not light up.  The powerbook will turn on, but
> it does not appear to be charging the battery.  The menu icon is stuck on
> "Calculating.."
> Here's the things I have tried:
>
> - more then one outlet
> - more then one battery (I had an old one laying around)
> - PMU reset
>
> Anyone have any idea?
> Is it more likely the battery, power cord, or the computer

The "calculating.." seems odd. Not sure what that means.

But, the easiest thing is to continue isolating. A different Power Adapter
would be the next step. Do you have a buddy with a similar Powerbook (or an
Apple Store nearby?) You can then try your battery in the other Powerbook and
try a different power adapter on your Powerbook. That will give you a
definitive answer of which of the three it is.

--
Dennis Fazio
dfz at mac.com