[Ti] PB G4 Reserve-battery

Dennis Fazio dfz at mac.com
Mon Jan 17 13:55:55 PST 2005

--On January 17, 2005 08:00:24 PM +0100 heindebruijne <dbruyne at knmg.nl> wrote:

>> but a apple reseller in Utrecht told me to charge this big battery
>> following this procedure:
>> for 4 hours with the small reserve-battery taken out and then
>> for 4 hours with the same small one in and attached.
>> Anyone ever heard of this?

There is no reserve battery in the Titanium or Aluminum PowerBooks. There is
a PRAM or Clock battery way inside that would require disassembly to replace.
However that lasts a long time and is not a user replaceable item. That
should have nothing to do with your main battery failing to supply enough
power.

Battery capacity depends upon age and use. If you have it more than a year,
it could be at the end of its life. Sometimes they get uncalibrated which
makes them appear to discharge faster than they should. You can recalibrate
it by allowing it to completely discharge with the PowerBook on and unplugged
from the power adapter so that it shuts itself down. Then charge it fully. If
it then does not last more than a brief amount of time, then it is likely
kaput. If it is still pretty new (a few months or so) you may be able to get
warranty or Applecare replacement.

--
Dennis Fazio
dfz at mac.com