[Ti] Russian keyboard ?

Daniel Rubenstein drubinstein at mac.com
Tue Jul 5 06:11:09 PDT 2005

A friend of mine (American, Russian speaking) is interested in
switching to Mac (mainly because his PC is almost paralysed by spyware
when he is on-line in Kiev).

He really wants a (15.2" Powerbook, with a) US keyboard with Russian
characters on it.

I called the Swiss Apple store today and they said there is no keyboard
with Russian characters...

This is a bit surprising to me.  Can it really be true?

Is there anyone out there on the List who has any different info?

there is an Apple user group in St Petersburg, who used to supply
russian keyboards and other solutions for Cyrillic writers. At the very
list, it should be possible to plug a russian USB keyboard into the PB.
I used transparent stickers with Cyrillic letters on them stuck on top
of the normal keys so I could use both English and Russian. But now I
just learned to touch type in Russian on a normal keyboard.

Regards,

Daniel