[Ti] YES IT IS OFF-TOPIC ACCORDING TO LIST MANAGER (was Re: IBM introduces new PowerPC processors)

Timothy Luoma lists at tntluoma.com
Sun Jul 10 19:35:20 PDT 2005

On Jul 10, 2005, at 4:03 PM, Bill Reburn wrote:

> ... didn't the ListMom already request this discussion be moved a
> while back? What has changed to warrant bringing it up again?

http://listserver.themacintoshguy.com/pipermail/titanium/2005-June/
017180.html

         [Ti] Note from Listmom PLEASE READ!
         Eric Prentice ep at listserver.themacintoshguy.com
         Mon Jun 13 09:43:00 PDT 2005

         "Titanium is not the place for discussions about Apple's
move to Intel."

There you have it folks, the final and authoritative answer.

It does not matter what sort of mental gymnastics you go through to
try and pretend that it is on-topic, the final decision lies with the
list-manager, and he has made his decision clear.

Some people have just chosen to ignore it, deciding that they can
just waste everyone's time with this same topic all over again.

Eric even indicated where people should go if they want to discuss it:

"
There is a list that is specifically for the purpose of discussing
future versions of Mac OS X called Xdreams. It even specifically
mentions Intel on the page describing the list (even though back in
2000 when we put that on there it sounded crazy!)

<http://www.themacintoshguy.com/lists/Xdreams.html>

Please allow the discussion on Titanium list to return to discussion
of Titanium Powerbooks. If you are wanting to discuss something other
than Mac OS X on Intel or Titanium PowerBooks, then I suggest you
look into the other lists available.