[Ti] Vertical Stripes on Screen

Chris Olson chris.olson at astcomm.net
Sun Jul 24 06:56:11 PDT 2005

On Jul 24, 2005, at 12:15 AM, MBurke6225 at aol.com wrote:

> Next time you have a Ti problem suggest you start with the archive as
> it will be quicker if not more informative.

You're kidding, right?  This list is served by GNU Mailman.  Mailman
does NOT have searchable archives and IMHO its archiving features are
darn near worthless.  It stores its archived messages in mbox format,
on this list archived monthly.  Which means downloading a gzipped mbox
for every month this list has been in existence, unzip them, then use a
search tool to index and search the text files.  We used to run Mailman
in our company and dropped it, going to a MySQL/PHP solution with web
searchable archives for this very reason.

If this list has gotten to the point of using the RTFA post when
somebody asks a question, then the list itself is pretty much worthless
as well.  Might I suggest you find the referenced archive yourself and
post the link to it, which would be much more helpful?
--
Chris