[Ti] Vertical Stripes on Screen > Robbery

illovox at comcast.net illovox at comcast.net
Mon Jul 25 15:24:13 PDT 2005

Neither here nor there, now, as some A--Wipe broke into my home and made off
with my Aluminum Book, my TiBook 667, my Ti400, my maxed and G4 upgraded
Pismo, all my back up external drives except one (thank God, except the one
I still have does not have the 6 months of digitized music collection I had
been assembling from my vinyl stacks), and a souped up Lombard, not to
mention snazzy peripherals like my micro-mouse and a wireless ethernet
bridge and...I can't go on...  Thank god I had my workhorse Pismo with me.
It's not the hardware--insurance will likely cover most of it--it's the
private data (thank God no money information, but I'd hate to see my artwork
end up on somebody's site w/o royalty, or a girlfriend get a message from
some stranger pretending to be me, etc.) and the MONTHS of lost work on my
music collection.  They took all 3 iterations of that work!  Ah well...if
anyone sees some cool stuff for sale near Seattle, notify me?  And by all
means people, hide your books and password protect your operations!  Last
time I feel safe in my own home!