[Ti] like hell freezing over ?

Alan Thompson alan at alanthompson.net
Mon Jun 6 12:07:31 PDT 2005

This is a good point - I really think this could be painful for Apple
- it could lower  their margins, and especially hurt unit sales.
They will need to do a very large public information campaign
assuring pros and consumers alike that if they make an investment in
dead-end, very near-term unsupported hardware that they won't be
burned for it.

I might just sell 1/2 of my AAPL position before some fancy analyst
figures this out and writes about it, then the rest following along
about their decreased confidence, yadda yadda on AAPL and its ability
to make the transition.  Not to mention killing the halo effect with
lots of FUD.

I really couldn't care less about the processor these days, but I'm
just worried about viability, application availability and the over
all momentum of the Apple OS as a platform.  I really like OS X and I
would rather not use Windows.  Prior to the mac, I used another
fantastic, now irrelevant platform - SGI.

--alan