[Ti] Days of Future Passed? Don't think so...

MBurke6225 at aol.com MBurke6225 at aol.com
Mon Jun 6 13:30:36 PDT 2005

Apple is not a computer, it's not a chip or even a platform.   Apple is a
group of designers, engineers, developers and users who have always danced on the
bleeding edge of technology and have been doing so since the late 1970's.
That will not change.   The common denominator is we are "extreme" computer
users.   We love being extreme; being ~3% of the market.   Why?   Because our
computers are the most stable out there.   They have been and will continue to be
a thing of beauty...and we marvel at the beauty.

Jobs and the kids were held hostage by IBM market forces.   The writing was
on the wall when XBox and other game platforms based their systems on the same
IBM chip.   Apple was elbowed out.

I, for one, am going to look to the future BECAUSE of the past.   PC's will
continue to suck.   Their OS will continue to be unstable.   And they will
still want to be Macs.

The people in charge at Apple made a move today that gives a future back to
Apple Computer.   Brilliant really, think about it.   The real question is how
many of us "users" and "developers" are going to be a part in building this
future.

Well count me in.   I transition out of computers every two years.   In fact
tomorrow I a purchasing a 15" aluminum for my daughter.   You can call that
stupid, or you can think of it like I do...investing into the future of
"extreme" computing.   Long live Apple.

MBurke