[Ti] A different view on Intel/Apple marriage

Nathan Eckenrode nathaneckenrode at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 15:49:56 PDT 2005

I think that this is also not the terrible and horrible 'calamity' that
everyone here is gnashing their teeth at and about. A really long time ago,
I had both A Tandy Color Computer and a Commodore 64 in my house.  The
Commodore had a floppy drive that used a searching system that was a
predecessor to windows. But that computer grew up to be the Ti Powerbook
that I now use.  The Color Computer had a plug in games port, similar to the
Atari 1600, but also was capable of programming in BASIC.  I typed many many
lines of code into that machine in order to have graphics programs or games.
And to save my programming I used tape recorders, regular ordinary tape
recorders.

Now, twenty years later, I made the switch from PCs a couple of years ago
for two reasons.  First, the aesthetic of a Titanium Powerbook is very very
difficult to beat. But as beautiful as the machine is, it was not practical
for my uses until the premier of OS X.  That was the second reason, a solid
and stable OS  that hardly if ever has a wobble. Now, the announcement
today, means that the company is dedicated to providing increased stability
and broader marketability.  More and more programs will be available to more
and more users. This is good news.

--
Sincerely,

N8