[Ti] like hell freezing over ?

Bob Jacobsen Bob_Jacobsen at lbl.gov
Tue Jun 7 10:25:12 PDT 2005

At 11:55 AM -0400 6/7/05, Yuta Hsu wrote:
>Ok.  I stand corrected.  So the Universal Binary Programming
>Guidelines state that Rosetta does not do the following:

>         * Bundled Java applications or Java applications with JNI
>libraries that can't be translated

That's an odd one.  Java applications should be quite platform
independent, at least by themselves.

I suspect this list is "today", and that "tomorrow" some or all of
those restrictions will be relaxed.  In the case of the Java bundled
apps, this is probably just a statement that parts of the JVM aren't
yet able to work on Intel CPUs; since that's Apple's stuff, they're
the ones to get it resolved.

Bob
--
Bob_Jacobsen at lbl.gov +1-510-486-7355 fax +1-510-643-8497 AIM, Skype JacobsenRG