[Ti] like hell freezing over ?

Shawn King shawn at yourmaclife.com
Tue Jun 7 11:45:27 PDT 2005

On 6/7/05 1:24 PM, "Alan Thompson" <alan at alanthompson.net> wrote:

> I thought that was pretty crazy too.  Apparently, though, it includes
> a PC.  That'll drive the cost right up.  They should probably just
> offer the kit for free, AND the bundled PC kit.
>
> I was kind of under the impression that if you wanted people to
> develop software for your platform, you wouldn't try to gouge them to
> pay for the tools to do so.

You're kidding, right? It costs Developers up to $3,500/year to be members
of Apple's ADC Premier Membership and $500/year to be a ADC Select Member.

$999.00 isn't all that much for *serious* developers (members willing to pay
the above membership dues) to have a smoking hot machine on rental for a
year.

--
Shawn King
Host/Executive Producer