[Ti] Re: like hell freezing over ?

rob morris rob.morris at earthlink.net
Tue Jun 7 16:29:34 PDT 2005

> From: John Griffin <jwegriffin at mac.com>
> Subject: Re: [Ti] Re: like hell freezing over ?
>
> Ok, then maybe you could answer me this:
>
> What the hell is going to happen to Firewire (both 400 and 800).
> Since Intel uses only USB 2.0, I would have to expect that very soon
> those of us with very large FW800 drives will be left to dangle in
> the wind!
>
> jg

PCs use Firewire.  But that is really irrelevant.  Since Intel just
manufacture's the chips what would that have to do with whether a computer
manufacture uses firewire on their logic boards?   I am not clear on how you
can state that Intel only uses USB 2.0. This is wrong in so many respects.
The only thing dangling would be these bizarre predictions.

Let's all just wait and see what does happen. With developers applauding
this move to a large extent, and with this not being some rash decision on
Apple's part...I feel you will find things in order when they make the move.

RM