[Ti] Re: like hell freezing over ?

Hector Luna polonius19 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 15:18:45 PDT 2005

Intel doesn't have anything to do w/ firewire. That is completely up
to the hardware vendor whether or not to include IEEE 1394.

I have a Dell workstation on my desk, and it has integrated 1394,
front and rear.

What ever does happen to Firewire will be completely independent of
anything involving the move to Intel chips...

On 6/7/05, John Griffin <jwegriffin at mac.com> wrote:
> Ok, then maybe you could answer me this:
>
> What the hell is going to happen to Firewire (both 400 and 800).
> Since Intel uses only USB 2.0, I would have to expect that very soon
> those of us with very large FW800 drives will be left to dangle in
> the wind!
>
> jg
>
> On 7-Jun-05, at 1:42 PM, Timothy Luoma wrote:
>

> > On Jun 7, 2005, at 10:34 AM, John Griffin wrote:
> >

> >> Here is another issue that nobody has mentioned. Apple has just
> >> come out with a Development kit for $1K (US) that Develpers have
> >> to use to convert their software to the Intel Platform.
> >>
> >> Excuse me? They developers have suddenly had the rug pulled out
> >> from under them and are expected to shell out one thousand bucks
> >> for the "privilege" of downgrading their applications so they will
> >> work on an inferior platform?
> >>
> >> I am steaming on this one!!!
> >>

> > And they aren't buying it, they are renting it for 18 months.
> >
> > "Inferior" is, of course, relative.
> >
> > A dual-G5 may be better than what Intel has to offer (today)... as
> > long as you don't need mobility.
> >
> > Since laptops outsold desktop in May (*), Apple is betting on the
> > future rather than the past.
> >
> > Despite the indignation of some, Apple will go forward, the sky
> > will not fall, and this will not be the end of OS X or Apple.
> > There was plenty of indignation over the previous changes made too.
> >
> > TjL
> >
> > (*)
> > http://news.com.com/2102-1047_3-5731417.html?tag=st.util.print

> > Listmom is trying to clean out his closets! Vintage Mac and random
> > stuff:
> >         http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZmacguy1984

You got three pair. You can't have three pair. You can't have six
cards in a five card game. --Rusty