[Ti] Shawn the King

Shawn King shawn at yourmaclife.com
Thu Jun 9 08:34:30 PDT 2005

On 6/9/05 2:15 AM, "Chris Olson" <chris.olson at astcomm.net> wrote:

> I got more class than that.

LMAO Dude...it's "I've" got more class than that."

Happy to help.

> My whole point has been, and I believe I've presented it without any
> personal attacks, that this "transition" is not going to work for
> everybody.

No one said it would. I don't recall anyone on *any* list I'm on claim it's
going to be all sunshine and roses. But it's also not doom and gloom
*community wide*.

Will some customers be upset? Sure? Will Apple lose some customers? Sure. Do
I believe Apple is doing this because Apple believes this is in *Apple's*
best interests? Damn right.

> If they were really interested in building the
> best computers for their customers they wouldn't be throwing all their
> eggs in the Intel basket

Why not? They had all their eggs in the IBM basket?

> I don't care if a PowerMac G6
> costs $7,000.

You can't be serious. Apple is a long way away from the days when they could
charge huge premiums on their machines. Apple is much more in tune with
market realities - *that's* what drives the company more often than not -
not, "Let's build the biggest, baddest machine we can and sell it for 100%
more than any comparable PC! They'll buy it! They're *Mac users* and they
love us!" Not gonna happen.

> They're not doing it, so
> they're going to loose some customers.

Certainly - but they will also gain customers.

> I was told offlist to not let the cpu hit me in the ass on the way out.
> That certainly sounds like a formula for success for Apple Computer,
> wouldn't you say?

If you think Apple is on the way out, sure. But not many of us do.
--
Shawn King
Host/Executive Producer