[Ti] Re: like hell freezing over ?

Shawn King shawn at yourmaclife.com
Thu Jun 9 09:04:36 PDT 2005

On 6/9/05 10:35 AM, "J" <cbirds at earthlink.net> wrote:

> I for one am one of Apple's loyal customers and advocates and I am
> OFFENDED.

Why?

> I have helped teach many people how to use the Mac. I have
> repairs hundreds of Mac hardware, some free. I still purchase and set
> up Macs for folks who are repeat buyers. I have owned at least 23 Macs.
> I lost count. I run a Mac website...........etc etc.

And will any of that stop once Apple switches?

> IF they can't produce a chip that is 3 ghz it's because the PPC chip
> was faster but marked half the speed of the Wintel chips, and that is
> always how it's been. SO WHAT if we don't have a chip marked 3 ghz?
> What we have is still faster.

In some ways, yes in others, not so much.

Again, as Steve Jobs said, it's not so much about what chips are available
now as it is what chips will be available in the future. Bottom line is
Apple likes Intel's future chips more than IBM's future chips.

And, regardless of what chip is inside the computer, the things you
described above will not change one little bit.

So...I ask again...why are you offended?

--
Shawn King
Host/Executive Producer