[Ti] Re: like hell freezing over ?

Neil Cadsawan rainer3 at mac.com
Thu Jun 9 08:53:02 PDT 2005

I'm really curious about your comments

1. In teaching people how to use a Mac, did the CPU ever come into
discussion?
2. In repairing hundreds of Mac hardware, did you ever have to deal
with repairing a CPU? And would it have mattered if it were a PowerPC
or Intel chip?
3. Did your repeat buyers buy a Mac based on the fact that it had a
PowerPC chip in it?
4. Do you own macs based on the fact that they run PowerPC chips?

Also, I think that a point you're missing is that Jobs never said the
current PowerPCs are worse than current X86 chips.  What he said was
that future PowerPC chips won't have that edge that they do today.

-Neil