[Ti] Re: like hell freezing over ?

Timothy Luoma lists at tntluoma.com
Thu Jun 9 12:11:31 PDT 2005

On Jun 9, 2005, at 2:25 PM, Chris Olson wrote:

> I don't know how this idea started that the G5 was ever going into
> a PowerBook, or why it has to.  I stated long ago that the G4 and
> its incarnations was, and still is, a better mobile processor.

And yet somehow the world was not simply convinced my your statement
that a G4 was better than a G5.  Shocked, shocked, I say!

A G5 is faster than a G4.  More people want laptops than desktops.
Not "more people" meaning "you" but "more people" meaning "the
majority of people who are buying computers these days"

Having a G6 that needs to sit in the icebox and costs $7k but is
faster than my laptop is not really a selling feature to most people.

TjL